Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What should I use to clean a painted cement floor?

In our living space we have cement floors, painted a dark red.





When I scrub them too hard the paint starts coming off, even though it was supposedly cement-specific paint.





Someone suggested I was using an incorrect cleaning agent (soapy water with a touch of bleach).





Any suggestions?


What should I use to clean a painted cement floor?
You need to use a PH neutral cleaner like murphy's oil soap on a painted concrete floor.





http://www.neucleaners.com/pages.php/pag鈥?/a>





When you get it clean you might think about sealing it with ZEP high traffic floor finish. They sell it at home depot next to the paint dept. Apply with a large grout sponge - 30 minutes between coats and at least 3 coats. I dries evenly.


What should I use to clean a painted cement floor?
Just use mild soapy water to clean. But I would repaint the entire floor, just to make sure that there wasn't any place water can get under the paint and create more chipping.. Best of luck.
If your floor is oil based paint use murphy's oil soap this will clean the surface w/out harming it. Be sure to use a soft cloth and not an abrasive any paint will chip if abrasives are used.
Mild soap.





Simple green is good.





Pine Sol





Any floor cleaner will do, just don't rub so hard.








:-)
i would repaint the floors.. i would use industrial paint to make sure that paint will be very attached to the floors
Hmmm funnily enough I had the exact same problem and I found this problem was best solved by just leaving the floor as it is and not attempting to clean it.


HTH

No comments:

Post a Comment