Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I have a bathroom in a basement with painted cement floor. What are my choices for up grading the floor?

You can tile over the floor without having to remove the paint, and you also could use vinyl flooring. If you decide to tile this should get you started in the right direction http://www.ronhazelton.com/howto/bathroo鈥?/a>





Personally I would stay away from wood or laminate flooring unless you decide to seal the floor. Carpeting is horrible in a bathroom. Everything in a bathroom should be designed to be cleanable and sanitary.I have a bathroom in a basement with painted cement floor. What are my choices for up grading the floor?
You can lay down almost anything you just have to make sure the floor is level. However; I have seen painted concrete that is beautiful! IN fact look at these they look like cobblestones-which you could make smaller or larger!I have a bathroom in a basement with painted cement floor. What are my choices for up grading the floor?
No no no!!! The coolest thing you can do with a cement floor is get the paint off and stain it with cement stain. Kind of like wood stain. You can pick your color...I'm seeing that in all the new updated homes everywhere!
epoxy foundation - outdoor carpet it.


Or regular padding and carpet.


Or tongue/groove laminate.


Or just a fresh coat of a sturdy outdoor latex or deck paint!
You can lay any flooring over cement.
Pergo.


Trex deck.
  • short hair cut
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment