Thursday, February 25, 2010

I am landscaping Dad's yard. Small area of cement 4' x16' looks terrible should I paint or something els

I stained a concrete basement floor and it looked really cool. Do a websearch for concrete stains and they have some samples of things you can do. I did a checkerboard effect on a diagonal.I am landscaping Dad's yard. Small area of cement 4' x16' looks terrible should I paint or something els
Is it near a fence? Why not set up some lattice and then put some vine plants down to grow up and distract from the cement - could plant flowering vines like morning glories or even grapes.





You could also put some chairs out, and maybe a birdbath. All these things would distract from the cement.I am landscaping Dad's yard. Small area of cement 4' x16' looks terrible should I paint or something els
You don't need my opinion...the first two gave you the best of all possible scenarios!!


I'm impressed....
assuming you're talking about a horizontal slab, why not just cover it with containerized plants and/or planter boxes--large wood boxes on small feet.
find a old garden bench or wicker chair paint it white put out baskets of flowers and you have a nice seating area for the old man
You could get some landscape pavers and use paver adhesive to glue the pavers to the slab. There is no need to use sand because I would bet the slab is already fairly level. I have seen whole driveways done this way and it seems to work.
A 1/2 inch of sand with brick paver's, slate with mortar joints, pea gravel set with mortar, adhesives or polyurethane. Or you could cover it with wooden decking, even up a portion of the wall.. RScott

No comments:

Post a Comment