Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How to prep a cement wall for paint?

my home is 70 years old and i want to paint the walls in the basementHow to prep a cement wall for paint?
I found this website for you, which explains what you need to know! I would suggest sealing the cement before painting to be sure that no moisture gets through, causing mold, mildew, and peeling paint. It wouldn't be fun to have to paint it all over again.





Hope this was what you were looking for! Happy Painting :)How to prep a cement wall for paint?
My husband (Painting Contractor) says don't paint them, stain them with a Xylene based Sherwin Williams concrete stain. It holds up to moisture and everything. He said painting them would be tricky. Good luck.
use a latex block filler to prime the cement.I paint professionally
  • antispyware
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment