Thursday, February 25, 2010

Getting off paint on outside cement?

Outside in my back yard the people who lived in the house before I moved in decided to make a nice cement patio...but they used the patio for a basketball hoop playing area. I took down the basketball hoop to make a nice little picnic/grill area.





The main problem is that the people painted it this light blue color. It is chipping off right now and I would rather it just be off and be the plain cement. I tried with a hose and some of it comes off in bigger chips, but most of it is stuck on and if I use something like asitone (sp?) it is probably not good for the grass/environment.





How can I get it off?Getting off paint on outside cement?
The same paint stripper you use on wood will work. Put it on let it set a while and use a wire brush or tooth brush. Very ease.Getting off paint on outside cement?
A high pressure pressure washer should do the trick, no chemicals that way. You can rent them at most local hardware stores.
Easiest and quickest is to rent a sandblaster.
Use a pressure washer. One that has a least 2000 psi.

No comments:

Post a Comment