Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is it a bad idea to use a composite hockey stick on painted cement?

So, I have a CCM Vector 6 composite stick, and I want to use it in my garage. Its cement, but its painted with glossy paint, so its pretty smooth (and awesome to practice shooting on). But my last stick (a wooden one) got beat up pretty bad and started falling apart at the bottom, but I used this stick on gravel as well.





I plan on using it with friction tape and maybe even a strip of duct tape on the bottom.





I was just wondering if anyone knows whether this is a bad idea or not? thanksIs it a bad idea to use a composite hockey stick on painted cement?
If replacing sticks more often than usual doesn't matter to you go ahead it's your coin.


Personally though on my budget I make sure to use an ABS blade when playing roller or ball hockey because it has the playability of fibreglass but will eventually wear down as opposed to delaminate and crack (like wood) or snap (like carbonfibre)Is it a bad idea to use a composite hockey stick on painted cement?
Iike HabsFan said, the ABS blade will suit you best. I myself have a tried wood and composites of top and low quality on the cement and they do the same thing, they break rapidly. However, if you must use your one piece out side, dont put the friction tape on the bottom, its not worth it because then you cant shoot the puck. duct tape only lasts for so long. Just get yourself a cheap shaft with ABS blade, or a wood stick with ABS blade.
only do it if you really don't care about the stick. if you still intend to use it on the ice, then i think it's a bad idea. just go buy a cheap wooden stick or something. plus it'll be heavier which is good to train with.
If you don't like money, send it my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment