Thursday, February 25, 2010

What can I do to make a painted wall look like it has a cement finish?

Many years ago, I started to do a a wall area over my stove with artificual bricks. I started out by applying this cement-looking finish and then I stuck on the bricks. They no longer sell the kind of cement I used then and want to finish the job. I bought paint that matches but want to make it look sorty of gritty, like a cement finish. Any suggestions on what to do?What can I do to make a painted wall look like it has a cement finish?
sand paint and while paint is still wet rub a piece of burlap over the paint it will give it a stucco like finish.


the bricks u refer to are still available they sell them under name z-brick








below is a link to z brickWhat can I do to make a painted wall look like it has a cement finish?
use real cement thats the best way i think





but if u dfont wanna do that the go to artificialcementfinish.com
Just add sand to the paint. Paint manufacturers do it to get a sand stone finish. your paint supplier should have advised it


Don`t use sand off the beach!
You can look at ';Venetian Plaster'; paint.


A lot of the companies have a special mix to do it. Some seem easier than others.


I've seen it at lowes and Home depot.


I love the look.


Sounds interesting with the bricks.


Wondeer if I could do it in my shower! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment