Thursday, February 25, 2010

Should I primer a cement basement floor before painting it? Is there a certain primer I should use?

No. You want to use the product directly to the substrate. If a product calls for a primer, then it will more than likely be one of their own or included in a kit. The primer step in painting concrete floors is the ';etching'; process. This project definetly requires following the manu's directions.Should I primer a cement basement floor before painting it? Is there a certain primer I should use?
Ask at your paint store what is the best primer for a concrete basement floor. They are going to recommend one of the waterproofing primers. The better the primer the better the finished job.Should I primer a cement basement floor before painting it? Is there a certain primer I should use?
Absolutely use a primer. Kilz is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment