Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Drylok Masonry Waterproofing Paint . .. can it be used over hydraulic cement?

I used fast plug hydraulic cement to seal cracks along where the floor and wall meet, in my basement . When it dried, I tried covering it with drylok masonry waterproofing paint. Will the paint be effective over cement ? It has been two days and the paint does not appear to be drying ... is drylok only for concrete applications and NOT cement ?Drylok Masonry Waterproofing Paint . .. can it be used over hydraulic cement?
The Drylook Masonary Waterproofing Paint will be effective if it was applied after the hydrolic cement was dry. Realize that any Waterproofing Paint is normally only effective against small amounts of seepage well less than 10PSI.


Good luck.Drylok Masonry Waterproofing Paint . .. can it be used over hydraulic cement?
Actually I have a question if you don't mind.I was wondering if your patching the seam between the floor and wall has cured your moisture problem? I have several places around my basement walls that I'm going to do the same thing to.I believe thats where water has infiltrated in the past,and I hope this cures any future problems I may have.Thank you in advance,feel free to keep me posted on your repairs.
paint away
It should work. It is made for masonary use which includes concrete and cement. You may have a leak that is saurating the Dri-loc. Could also be a high humidity problem that is slowing the drying process.
It should work over almost anything. Two things I might think based on what you said. Was the hydraulic cement truely cured (not just dry to the touch) when you put the paint on and was the paint ';new'; (not something leftover in the can) and was it stirred correctly or enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment