Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's the best way to remove water damaged paint from cement block basement walls?

I have two corners of my basement that have seen better days... I'm trying to get the paint off so I can repaint. In case you're wondering, yes I already rerouted the gutters outside to make sure the water doesn't still get in. It's been dry for about 3 years now, but I need to figure out the best approach to removing the damaged paint for repainting. I've tried a palm sander and a scraper, but nothing seems to be easy. I have a feeling this is the best way to get it done, but I thought I would check here to see if anyone had a better idea... Any suggestions?What's the best way to remove water damaged paint from cement block basement walls?
you can scratch the pain off, or put a primer over all the walls before you repaint so that it's all an even coat. You could also just leave it alone, paint over it, and sponge paint the walls so the uneven-ness of the walls from the former paint are not noticed at all. That's what i did in my basement it looks great! you can't even tell that it had seen ';worse days';!!

No comments:

Post a Comment